- Start at: Visitor's Centre.
- End at: Visitor's Centre.
- Distance: ~ 8 km.
- Time: ~ 4 hours.
- Difficult parts: A long and steep climb to the cliff against the Treasure, then descend the same path. Three 1-2 m deep steps do go down in the rocks.
- Food: N/A
- Water: N/A
- Wear: solid hiking shoes; if possible, take a pair of gloves and ankle protectors.
- Warning: You'll be going for an hour in a flash flood zone. Never use this route if the forecast gives even the slightest chance for rain. If caught by a flood, there is no escape; people have died there not once or twice.
Hiking Petra (part 2: Adventures in the Rocks)
Hiking adventure in Petra off the beaten track: the alternative Siq and a look from above the Treasury.